With this workshop, DHAdmann, artist and founder of the ODBK, seeks to bring attention to current problems in the art world and introduce a new way of thinking. DHAdmann will present previous attempts to democratize the art world, discuss the challenges of it and propose new ways of creating alternative reference systems. There will be an ongoing discussion during the workshop as ODBK believes it is important to involve a wider group of the society, and from there build a more democratic approach.
ODBK and DHAdmann want the current system to be reconsidered and questioned, and by doing so, believes that the scene will open up for new alternative systems that will co-exist together with the current one. With this workshop, we invite you to be a part of the dialogue.
- The democratization of the art world and art market
- The system of the current art world and art market
- Proposal for the democratization of the art world and art market
- Pure Taste Indicator
- The Pure Taste Indicator in practice
– History of the democratization of the art world and art market
– Artists and the democratization of the art world and art market
Joseph Beuys, Marcel Broodthaers and Andrea Fraser
– What is it?
– Why are the democratization of the art world and the art market hard to realize?
– How does it work?
– What are the current and future problems?
– Possible solutions and answers
– ODBK – Organisation für Demokratisierung der Bildenden Kunst
– AMARC – Art Market Regulation Commission
– Pure Taste Indicator
– Mechanism – How does it work?
– Advantages and disadvantages
– Possibilities and obstacles
– The participants will use the mechanism of the Pure Taste Indicator to directly influence the decisions that define the art world and art market